Thursday, March 29, 2012

An Afterthought

Things that irritate me about renting an apartment:

Want to paint over that awful colour that the owners chose to cover all the walls?  Forget it.
Want to rip up that hideous brownish-black carpet and replace it with hardwood or at least a nicer coloured carpet?  Nope.
Want to paint over that yellowy brick that makes up the majority of your bedroom and living room?  No fucking way.
Want to replace the kitchen cabinets and counter top?  Why bother?
Want nicer overhead lighting in the living room, as opposed to those three weird spotlights on a track on one side of the room?  You can't have it.

There are so many things I love about our place, but then, there are some things that have just gotten under my skin and stayed there.

I know it is a far away, distant dream, but I cannot wait until the day when I can stop living in rental apartments.

No comments:

Post a Comment