Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SOYA Spirit of Youth Awards

I am overwhelmed by my friends' responses to my work I submitted to the Qantas Spirit of Youth Awards last night.  This is a great award and there are tons of categories in the creative arts field.  The photography winner will get a trip to Les Rencontres D'Arles in July 2012.  And there's still time to enter before the deadline!


I submitted images from A Real Winter, which is the series showing at the QCP in June.  I want to thank everybody for the lovely encouragement and support.  This body of work is one I am so proud of, and it is so close to my heart.  To hear that it touches others in a similar way is beyond what I'd ever hoped for.


Here is the link to my profile and gallery on the SOYA website.

This is my Oma and Opa (Clara and Daniel Johnson) on their wedding day, just after they got married.  They are so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment