Monday, March 19, 2012

Journey

This is a quick little picture I drew of the character in the game Journey, made by thatgamecompany.  I've played through it four times now, and each time I am so moved upon reaching the end. I love that there are more things to discover each time you play through; this game is all about subtlety, camaraderie, and peacefulness.
I also love the duration of the game. It's like you're watching a film, easily playable in one sitting.
I think the best part of the game is the communication between you and the other player. It was so beautiful interacting with different pitches and movements and imagining what the other player was replying with. I felt like I had made a lifelong friend the first time I played through to the end with my online partner. It was just magical.
This has been my favourite game in a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment