Tuesday, March 13, 2012

So...

I have recently found myself unceremoniously, irrevocably, and quite fucking unfairly unemployed.  No one is really to blame for this, I certainly am not, but I still can't help feeling betrayed and lied to by my former friend and employer.  All loyalty and faithfulness went out the window as soon as he started to stress out about the business.  So I was essentially fired.  Never work in retail.

So I have been sitting at home every day while tad goes to work, frantically searching for possible job opportunities in Brisbane.  Every time my application gets rejected, I take it extra personally.  Lately I've been getting irrationally upset over the littlest things like how I can't use our washer and dryer at the same time or else our electricity goes out.  So for the past month I've been a lump of depressive, lazy uselessness and I feel every ounce of it.

But today I applied for a job as a photographer at a university library in Brisbane.  I think I am over qualified as they were looking for someone with at least diploma in photography.  I've got my fingers crossed, because I really want this job and I really want to stop laying around the house sobbing at a certain house plant that is constantly on the brink of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment